Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wandering: Another Curious People-Thing


Offering? Tidy littering? What?
Offering? Tidy littering? What?


I have mentioned them before. The curious "People-Things" in the forests.

This time, a hoppy tribute bottle placed at the conjunction of trunks.

An offering?

Wyrd things happen in this forest often enough.

But look to those trees woman... what have we here?


Pleurotus spp.
Pleurotus spp.

Ah! An offering, a marker... or perhaps just serendipity?

Either way, some of those oysters made the trek home with me that day.

Sometimes Human-people-critters sure are handy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool right? I find so much stuff when I'm wandering 'round the woods. Some of it's just annoying trash, but once in awhile I find something really interesting and serendipitous. Once I found a little purple plastic skull and crossbones. Another time a discarded dice from a board game. These little things go in my bag o' bones for divination. Mother Nature cleanses and provides...

Moma Fauna said...

I like the divination bag thing -- that's the way to go. All those strange little things bring their own juju & insight to the mix. We once found about a 1/2 mile of trail "littered" with small stuffed animals. The kids went crazy, but I didn't let them take any b/c I was't really sure what was happening there (besides, like they need more stuffed animals. Not!). But as we traveled along the path, there were all these little faces peering from the trees, from under logs, from inside little hidey-holes. It was quite the adventure. Always leaves me wondering. Too bad they didn't point us to any mushrooms though. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...