Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Super (Moon) Love: Why I Married Him


Super Moon 2013, as seen in the high desert sky.
Super Moon 2013, as seen in the high desert sky.
 




It took me a long time & many years of waiting to find the right partner. This made for a late marriage & ultimately qualified me for the unflattering title of "mature" mother. But I wouldn't have it any other way. He's a keeper.

Life & ways have been complicated & challenging in recent weeks. Here, at the high desert homestead in Utah, our Lady Moon was received in the simple, familiar way we might receive a close friend: a glass of red wine & good company. Little Lad asked me early in the evening if he & I might step outside together after the baby was asleep to sit in the Moon's light. He worked diligently to remain awake & make it so -- I actually didn't think he would have the stamina, but his will prevailed. 

The Empress, from  The Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot by Alex Ukolov & Karen Mahony  of Baba Studio.
The Empress, from
 The Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot
by Alex Ukolov & Karen Mahony
of Baba Studio.
When we arrived on the easterly steps, at about eleven, he said, "Moma, I love you. Do you know why I asked if we could come out here tonight?" "No, why did you ask to come out here tonight?" I replied. " "Because I wanted some time to be still & sit in the silence with you Moma, just you & me. And to look at the Moon together." He is a keeper too.

I had brought two decks of tarot cards outside with us. Bathing, high-altitude, desert-style, in the bright light of the swollen Super Moon, we each drew a card, asking the Moon what She might have to tell us that night. Little Lad drew the Empress. The mother. 

I drew the Four of Swords. But that is another story, for another time. Perhaps when the demands are fewer & the internet is more reliable.

In the Far North, my husband was loyally keeping to tradition. Freshly returned from the Alaska community Summer Solstice brew-haha (pun intended) he picked up the observances where I could not. This is the message he sent to me last night: 

"I love you. I made Spruce Tip Shortbread as an offering, paired with the (Pagan Brewer's) Guild's Orange Hibiscus Maple Mead. That combo felt right. I miss you and will be searching the sky for our link, Miss Luna."

Super Moon offerings, 2013. Spruce tip shortbread & hibiscus maple mead.
Super Moon offerings, 2013.
Spruce tip shortbread & hibiscus maple mead.


















Thank you. There are no words, just Love.

Wishing my people & non-people the very best for this great season, during the greatest Moon of the year & remember: always keep your "keepers" close to your heart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww..so very lovely. :)
You were missed at the brew-ha-ha.
The orange hibiscus maple concoction was quite delightful.

Our Whole Grove said...

I miss being called Moma. Real Love, like our children and the waxing moon, grow. Our love shines for you across this land. xox

Unknown said...

Sending love from UK dear Moma. Oh that we could sit and do tarot one moon time. Some new eyes that can see would be so interesting as it feels a new path (or the real old one) is emerging.

Shine on
X

Moma Fauna said...

Thank you for your kind words & even more, your LOVE, every one of you!
I am still internet spotty & have just returned from yet another delightful (not) hospital stay, so a group reply by phone must apply for now. Each of you, so dear, may this Moon cycle bring you much beauty, richness of being & of course, Love.
Naomi, I am so missing your images.
Carol, I wish I could have danced with you. The rest, well, I think it was ok to be absent.
Susan, Susan, Susan. I love you.
John, wouldn't it be lovely? I would love to join you under Her light & I look forward to watching re-emergence as it unfolds.

Anonymous said...

143

Moma Fauna said...

143. Ever & always, my forager.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...