Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Children Are Naturals (His Own Moon Tribute)

I have mentioned before that children are naturals. However, their ingenuity never fails to take me by surprise. 

One afternoon in December, while preparing for guests, I placed a decorative ceramic tray holding three electric (tacky, yes, but better than cats, carpet, upholstery & toddler on fire) candles on the fireplace mantle. Later, while I was preoccupied in the kitchen, the Lad -- who had been decorating with his own handmade paper snowflakes -- walked in & asked me if he could add one of his paper creations to "the offering table." I didn't understand him & because I was facing crunchtime, I just gave him carte blanche, figuring I could do damage control later, if necessary.

No corrections needed.

A Child's Moon Shrine.
A Child's Moon Shrine.

He had rearranged the candles, adding another to make four & he had taped his "snowflake" above them, centered quite precisely. Lovely, but what was the story with the paper Moon? Hubby informed me that days earlier, during his flake-making, he said he was "making a Moon for Moma." Who knew it was to become such a striking altarpiece?

Four perfectly balanced lights beneath an orb of his own conception & creation. 
Children are naturals.


2 comments:

Kleaf19 said...

It is absolutely lovely! Well Done!

Erda's Fountain said...

I can definitely relate to this! I remember being part of a holistic fair with my dryad sister's quite a few years ago now. We arranged our table according to the elements and the directions with objects from nature. My friend's very intuitive little boy turned to his mum and said, "you have earth, fire, water, and air here." I was amazed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...