Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Seven Days of Birthday: Day Five & Day Six

I really need to tie up the loose ends of Samhain & get back to the Mushroom Hatred Remediation Program -- those prayin' fools are way ahead of me in the campaign now. 

Continuing with the catch-up on hubby's lunch-money driven "Seven Days of Birthday Project" I present days five & six, otherwise known as the "Patrick Valenza Bonanza!"

Patrick Valenza is the artist behind Deviant Moon Tarot. We both follow his blog & facebook activity -- he is always up to something interesting, whether it be developing a new deck or wandering old graveyards. Hubby knows I love Valenza's vision & he likes to support artists (with his lunch money), so he gifted me this on day five:

Deviant Moon Graveyard Dirt.


Hubby purchased two bottles of Deviant Moon Graveyard Dirt & cleverly packaged it in an old wooden box he found in a thrift store. (Yes, I could get my own, but this is more fun.) Valenza creates these fantastic painted rocks & ceramic heads to leave behind in exchange for the graveyard dirt he collects while wandering old New Jersey cemeteries. You can read more about it here.

On day two of the "Patrick Valenza Bonanza!" aka, Support an Artist with your Lunch Money project, aka day six of Seven Days of Birthday, I received this lovely print:




To be paired with a previously purchased beauty:




Now to find the frames...

I am not the only one who finds inspiration in the Deviant Moon. Delight in his work abounds (& rightfully so). Just look at this gal's Ace of Wands:


Photo of Sara Marie, found at DM Facebook.

Or the artwork of photographer Rusty McDonald:

Photo by Rusty McDonald, see more here.

I am on a Support an Artist with your Blog kick these days, so If I haven't convinced you to go peek at the Deviant Moon website yet, then watch this. I think it should do the trick. It made my heart melt the first time I saw it & every time since.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

That Chris, he's a smart man w/ his lunch money...

W. said...

You definitely convinced me. I am a new raging fan of deviant moon! What awesome work!

Moma Fauna said...

Carol, He is pretty tricky with the munney... ;)

White Moon, Yay! Then I have been successful! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...