Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Transforming "Spiritual Warfare": Day 8 (Idaho)

Yellowstone buffalo. Photo from Reuters.

Today brought many challenges. While I was able to commit the time to meditate upon the concern at hand & make requests of the land's fungal spirits, I have not had the time to construct the written portion. Brevity of of the utmost necessity tonight, but I must keep my commitments. I present the abridged version of my working:

Idaho is big country. I spent time meditating on this special place & felt it needed a harmoniously robust backer. A large, saprophytic energy-sponge to sop up the muck & rework it. I chose the members of the genus Calvatia. Some species of this group of puffballs can attain astounding sizes, so astounding that they are sometimes confused for sheep. Each puffball (which could easily boast a weight of 10-50 pounds) produces trillions of spores which, when released, produce great, foetid, funk-clouds that stink to high Helen.

May the energies spent in the firestorm-of-questionable-intent be absorbed, digested, transformed & re-released in the form of stinking, green reproductive clouds. In the words of Miss Rose (Wicker Man), "I think that makes a lovely transmutation."


A relatively diminutive specimen.
Probably C. gigantea, C. booniana, or a closely related species.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...