Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Escapism: Now, Forager

I am taking a moment to pause & breathe in between states. My "Mushroom Hatred Remediation Program" (so cleverly coined by an insightful internet friend) is closing in on its midpoint & I am finding myself very tired & crabby. I am alleviating it by repeatedly watching this movie trailer & restlessly awaiting the film's release... in 2012.



"The story follows a husband and wife who earn a meager living by hunting wild mushrooms. During the warm months, Lucien and Regina gather a diverse bounty of edible fungi from area woodlands and then go door-to-door selling them to upscale restaurants. When winter comes, and mushrooms go into dormancy, the couple must find temporary work as kitchen laborers to make ends meet. They constantly struggle to get by, dependent on variables of rainfall and temperature--living without the protection of any safety net."


Yes, please. 

If you want to learn more, you can visit their website: NowForager.com. You can also contribute funds toward the completion of this project via their United States Artists fundraising campaign.

2 comments:

Jason Cortlund said...

Thanks for your posting about NOW, FORAGER. We're busting out tails to get this movie finished and it's encouraging to know there are folks who want to see it.

We appreciate your support!

jc

Moma Fauna said...

Jason,

If by chance you wander by again. It is my pleasure -- I am more than happy to post about your project. My hope is that I have captured the attention of a few other people by sharing it. It is a brilliant idea & I await it's release with baited breath.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...