Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Waxing Poetic: The Air This Day

Went with the children on a walk along the Anchorage Coastal Trail on a damp, blustery day last week. So powerful, so exhilarating. It reminded me to be alive.


The Air This Day


Oh, Spirits of Air,
Impetuous and unruly this day --
Brazenly churning up the skies,
Lashing at the trees,
Lapping the waters from the Sea.


Spirits of Air,  I thank you.
For dizzying me with your bumptious gusts,
Salting my nostrils with the Ocean's musk,
Seizing my Spirit in your mad dance.


Oh, Spirits of Air,
I received your memo --
via the rushing winds,
With gratitude.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...