Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Podcast Initiation: Virgin Sacrificed

I have been working on re-connecting with Pagan friends from 'back in the day' & asking their advice/input on where to find intelligent, not-fluffy-bunny information & news about the current Pagan climate/community. After years of hiding out, or being 'in hibernation,' I have been attempting to navigate what can only be described as a bewildering morass of information. I read books. Computers are for gaming & Facecrack, right? Feeling like such a traditionalist fuddy-duddy & not really having the time (or inclination) to sift through all the internet mumbo-jumbo, I have been asking others for recommendations. I figured my friend David, being an connected & Pagan internet savvy sort of guy (see Ravencast) might point me in a helpful direction & he did not disappoint. He gave me a small list of blogs & podcasts, the latter of which I confess I had never before used. My initiation has begun with T. Thorn Coyle's program which David said, he thought I would love "...as she is intelligent, thoughtful and very deliberate (even though I feel like I need to brush my teeth every time I hear her)." The verdict: I am really enjoying them. The podcast show is called "Elemental Castings" & each one is an interview that has an element for its theme/focus. I have already listened to # 1-3, then skipped to # 6 because I could not wait to hear the Jason Pitzl-Waters interview. It isn't really my intention to use this blog as a forum to post a bunch of links & junk, but I felt this was worth sharing for anyone who hasn't yet discovered it. In particular, #3 WATER, Dreams & Magick was wonderful (made me think of a certain Shaman I know) & # 6 AIR w/Jason Pitzl-Waters gave me the most incredible idea which I hope to see manifest & shared with my Alaskan community some time in the future. If any of you have any recommendations from these podcasts, please put them in the comments box, I would like to hear what sparks your interest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...