Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blessing Moon: Time for Tending


Little Lad & I spent a nice part of the day transplanting & tending to the plants in the greenhouse together. I thought about the Moon; Her fullness, swelling, increasing,  blooming. I made this the focus of my rumination as I cared for the tiny herb & poppy seedlings, the young vegetables, the hearty tomatoes & my Little Lad. We left our labors feeling deeply satisfied with our completed efforts. Giving, caring, tending. So sweet, so satisfying.

Letters & libations for the  Blessing Moon.
Letters & libations for the
Blessing Moon.
My manner of honoring the Moon this Esbat did not turn out as anticipated, but plans do change sometimes. I thought I would be joining some local folk in a Full Moon rite, but instead, I spent the evening at home with the family -- not unlike most Esbats. Little Lad & I made petite picture-notes for the Lady & set them out on the porch in a vase with a glass of Warrior Port. Sweetness... like the Moon, well rounded. 


"Missing You." Our letters for the Lady of the celestial sphere.
"Missing You." Our letters for the Lady of the celestial sphere.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...