Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Gift from the Night Altar Delegates

A Gift from the Night Altar's Delegates.


I have been unable to visit the Night Altar since Hubby left for our northern climes. This is disappointing for several reasons, not the least of which being that I could really benefit from some peaceful, contemplative time in the presence (or non-presence) of beings other than my children. 

I must have appeared in dire need of a consolation prize.

A handful of days ago, the Little Lad wandered into the house after wandering the pasture. As he handed me the antler pictured above, he said matter-of-factly, 
"This is a gift for you. It's from the cows." 
"It's from the cows?" 
"Yep." 
So pleasant in my hand, I knew exactly what its purpose should be. Gazing out the window at my erstwhile companions I whispered, "I miss you gals too."


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...