Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

For the Files: Consecration by Calvin

Way back in the 'Days of Yore' I was part of a Pagan student organization we affectionately called "Ump-SO." It was actually The UMass Pagan Students' Organization (U.M.P.S.O.) which was founded in 1987 by Ásatrúar Lewis Stead &  Alyxx Bergler (who was either Wiccan or a Hellenic polytheist -- if you know, please comment or message me). The group has since been renamed SPIRALS (short for the obscenely long Student Pagans Integrating Religion and Life Spiritually), but they continue to support the Pagan student body at my beloved alma mater & I am thankful for their continued presence there.


I found this delightful piece of ephemera while sifting through materials for the Guru Board project. In the 'Days of Yore' U.M.P.S.O. spent much of its time organizing meetings with focused themes or activities. I remember we had planned a workshop/discussion devoted to consecration (of what, I cannot recall). My ever-clever co-president J. brought me this Calvin & Hobbes which she pronounced the best illustration of the concept & execution of consecration she had ever seen. After all these years, I still have to agree:

Consecration by Calvin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...