Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Eostre/Vernal Equinox: Curse that Llewellyn Calendar!

Gah!

Well, I really only have my lazy self to blame. Thank all-that-is-good for EarthSky. Without them, I would be missing the Vernal Equinox... or, if I take an optimist's approach, because of them, I can be outside in the Dark, looking to the sky & thinking, "Hey, somewhere out there, the Sun is squatting directly over the equator..."

I am probably the only sucker who does not know this, but the Vernal or Spring Equinox proper is happening this evening for the Western United States (thanks to that pesky thing called time & it's even peskier tables). If you are loitering about in the Mountain Time Zone, you'll be having an equinox at 11:14 p.m. tonight (no, not tomorrow morning). You Alaskans get to party at 9:14 p.m. -- better hurry.

If you don't believe me, go see for yourself: Equinox 2012 comes on March 19 for U.S. West and eastern Pacific. They also have a couple really interesting & informative companion articles entitled, A Chinese perspective on the spring equinox & Everything you need to know: Vernal or spring equinox 2012.  

Less than 12 hours to go... Better get back to the eggs...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...