Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Seven Days of Birthday: Day Two

Time has seriously sped up on me. 

But right now, both children are gone, so for a quiet moment, here on day four, I'll take care  of day two.

I saw this painting at a silent auction fundraiser months ago. Something about the bird, carrying the wheat across the open plain between the trees spoke to me. (How's that for a run-on?) I had remembered it occasionally since then, but by the time hubby gifted it to me, I had forgotten about it.

He framed it, which had mixed results. It is better in a frame, but the frame is small for the painting, so the surrounding scenery -- the big purple sky & the orchard trees -- is cut out. It is now all about the bird & not so much about the bird in the scene. We both have our doubts, but there is no going back now. 
 
I don't actually know what a big, black, crowned bird on an open plain (I'm sure this is important), carrying wheat really means to me, but I am going to enjoy the process of finding out.


Bird on the Autumn altar.
If you look closely, you can see Freya's seeds in the foreground.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...