Pray to the Moon when She is round,
Luck with you will then abound,
What you seek for shall be found
On the sea or solid ground.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Old Friend, New Discovery

I mentioned messages from old friends in my last post. A week or two ago, my friend Sol of New York -- who lives as a corporate accountant by day & as a punk musician by night -- wrote to me. He had been to a wake at which Mira Billotte performed & he said it reminded him of me. He attached a video of her invocation at the opening of her Spira Mirabilis Mundi installation. I was honored that someone would remember me in the presence of this brilliant artist. I was also delighted at the discovery, because I was not previously familiar with her work. 


Just imagine this (from her MySpace Music page):
Artist and musician Mira Billotte (White Magic), focuses on the harmony of the divine ratio between ourselves and the Kosmos.  The installation transforms into an environment of spiritual exaltation, a place of ritual, a temple of commune with the Kosmos, bringing forth an ancient instinct, theurgy; the ritual practice of uniting with the divine.           

As within us there is a microcosm, so created in this space, a microcosm of the divine macrocosm; sand, sand paintings, Mandalas, fabrics, elements, incense, projections, altar objects, plants, other organic materials and esoteric symbols create a secret diagram of the Universe.

Opening Ceremony
Friday August 21st • 7-9PM • Free 

White Magic performs a meditative ceremony of song, and ritual, acoustically on opening night within the improvised temple.

Makes me wish I was in New York right about now. Thank you for sharing & thank you for thinking of me my friend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...